Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Peanut butter….Love! Chocolate….Love! Peanut butter AND chocolate……double love! I first made these a few years back for a holiday cookie exchange, they are easy, delicious, and easy to package up for sharing with friends, etc. Tomorrow is the 4th of July, or in Seattle, the official start of summer. True to Seattle form, it has been a downpour today, the streets are flooding and we’re just hoping that the “sunny” forecast for the 4th of July is actually true. We are heading south of Seattle tomorrow to spend the day with our friends. Our friends who are hosting live outside of city limits, fireworks are permitted in the area, so likely boys will be boys tomorrow with the pyrotechnics.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies-adapted from allrecipes.com
Yields approximately 40 cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 40 miniature chocolate covered peanut butter cups unwrapped (I always use Reese’s)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Cream together the butter, white sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
4. Shape into 40 balls and place into an ungreased mini muffin pan.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 min. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and remove from pan.
Happy 4th of July!!! Hope you all are enjoying the day with people you love, good food, sunshine and fireworks!!